Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Bloggie Makeover and a Little Ramble

Well, what do you think of the new look? Does it show up properly on your screen? I have not redesigned a blog in ages, but I was not loving the way mine looked, even with the cute freebie background from Cutest Blog on the Block. Took me ages to get it to look just so on my screen, and there are still a few things I'd change, but...done is better than perfect, right? I hope so! ***edited to add...I did just notice, because I have a "smaller" size laptop screen, I have to zoom out one notch (hit control - ) for it to look perfect. Boo. Not sure I have the patience to find the fix just yet***

Just to be all official, because I've been trained too well from years of working as a creative team member for digiscrap designers, I created all my blog "stuff" from a kit called Crazy Beautiful by Sarah Bennett. Sarah has been retired (as has this kit) for a couple of years now, but I am using it with her blessing, and within her TOU. Plus, Sarah has been one of my digi besties since we started scrapping together 6.5 years ago after our eldest "babies" were born (crazy!).

What did you all get up to today? I didn't do a linky, though I came close. Wrote out a whole different post, rambling about some stuff, and then decided discretion was the better part of valor. I didn't really do anything teaching related today. My kids got up to lots of high-jinks at home...my 4 year old is a bit of a bull-headed terror, and the 2 year old wants to be just like her. Sigh. Then we went to my mom's to make more lasagna for my sister's wedding ceremony dinner. We are DONE with prepping lasagna now...phew! I also made 3 loaves of zucchini bread, with enough zucchini left to make 2 more...project for tomorrow morning. Then I spent ages working on perfecting (I hope) the look of the bloggie, though there are still things I want to do with it...all in good time, right?

Anyway...I have an email I have to go read from our district instructional/data coach, about the district-wide tech team she's heading up...probably have some "homework" to do for that. Good thing she's one of my favorite people! Off to watch my recorded episode of So You Think You Can Dance (yay for commercial free!), and do my tech work! Catch y'all tomorrow...I'll try for a linky!

--Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment